Business Is A Holy Calling.
Work and worship shouldn't be divided. In the same way people are called to church ministry or social justice work, people are called by God to business. We don't shy away from this belief as our calling and we actively partner with those who believe the same.
Our Spiritual Foundations
Partners Worldwide affirms the historic Christian faith as professed in the Apostle’s Creed and Nicene Creed.
The specific foundation of our ministry is based in the book of Genesis and these truths:
- Every human being is an image-bearer of God.
- We see ordinary daily work as a gift from God, a primary way that humanity images God and a joyful expression of the stewardship of creation. (Genesis 1:26)
- In the light of this biblical perspective, every member of Partners Worldwide is engaged in lifelong Christian ministry in his or her ordinary, daily work. Further, we are disciples of Christ in the marketplace, answering Christ’s mandate to serve the poor. (Matthew 25:35–40)
- Businesspeople have unique skills and therefore a special calling to create ethical businesses and provide opportunities for all to image God in satisfying, daily work.
- We partner with local community institutions to catalyze entrepreneurs and job creators especially in areas of high unemployment and poverty.
- As ambassadors of the reconciliation of all things, we are called to remove barriers and overcome debilitating conditions. (2 Corinthians 5:17–20) (Colossians 1:19–20)
- Ethical businesspeople are a key stabilizing force in communities, partnering with church and others to build flourishing environments for all.
- Economic stability and spiritual well-being go hand in hand, resulting in transformed people who transform communities, a time of Jubilee, in which humanity and all creation are reconciled in God through Christ. (Isaiah 65:20–22) (Luke 4:18)
- Working toward this goal will result in everyone being blessed with surprising results because it is based on this biblical promise: “The kingdom of this world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ.” (Revelation 11:15)
So if anyone is in Christ, there is a new creation: everything old has passed away; see, everything has become new! 2 CORINTHIANS 5:17